No God, No Master (2014)
A plot to overthrow the United States government is uncovered in New York City in the summer of 1919 when William Flynn, a field agent for the Bureau of Investigation, is sent to investigate a bomb threat that has targeted some of America's most powerful politicians and leaders of commerce, New York millionaire John D. Rockefeller, Sr. among them. Flynn's investigation takes him on a journey into the underworld of homegrown terrorism and introduces him to a competitive culture of violence and murder. Greed, power, and politics are at the center of the story and Flynn must distinguish the villains from the merely discontented. Along the way, he discovers that terrorism has many faces and that a determination of guilt or innocence often lies in the psychology of fear that constricts individuals at every level of society. Sedona International Film Festival.
- David Strathairn As William Flynn
- Samuel Witwer As Eugenio Ravarini
- Ray Wise As A. Mitchell Palmer
- Mike Bacarella As Firmino Gallo
- Edoardo Ballerini As Carlo Tresca
- Mariana Klaveno As Louise Berger
- James Madio As Nicola Sacco
- Paul Iacono As Tony Cafiero
- Andrea Grano As Concetta Cafiero
- David Darlow As John D. Rockefeller Sr.
- Alessandro Mario As Bartolomeo Vanzetti
- Scott Annala As Reporter #2
- Paul Bertling As Male Opera Singer
- Tom Bruno As Worker #1
- Dan Cotrone As Elderly Man
- Sean McNall As J. Edgar Hoover
- Mario Di Donato As Vincenzo Brini expand_more
When a series of package bombs show up on the doorsteps of prominent politicians and businessmen in the summer of 1919| U.S. Bureau of Investigation AgentWilliam Flynn (Strathairn) is assigned the task of finding those responsible. He becomes immersed in an investigation that uncovers an anarchist plot to destroydemocracy. Inspired by true events of the 20s the film sets the stage for a timely thriller with resoundingly similar parallels to the contemporary war onterrorism and the role government plays to defeat it.
More at ibit.to
0 b/s/ ↗