Le Mans (1971)
Filmed during the annual 24-hour endurance race at Le Mans, Michael Delaney is a Porsche driver haunted by the memory of an accident at the previous year's race in which a competing driver was killed. Delaney also finds himself increasingly infatuated with the man's widow.
- Steve McQueen As Michael Delaney
- Siegfried Rauch As Erich Stahler
- Elga Andersen As Lisa Belgetti
- Ronald Leigh-Hunt As David Townsend
- Luc Merenda As Claude Aurac
- Fred Haltiner As Johann Ritter
- Louise Edlind As Anna Ritter
- Angelo Infanti As Lugo Abratte
- Jean-Claude Bercq As Paul-Jacques Dion
- Anne Libert As Woman in Red
- Richard Rüdiger As Bruno Fromm expand_more
Almost in breadth and depth of a documentary| this movie depicts an auto race during the 70s on the world's hardest endurance course: Le Mans in France. The racegoes over 24 hours on 14.5 kilometers of cordoned country road. Every few hours the two drivers per car alternate - but it's still a challenge for concentration andmaterial. In the focus is the duel between the German Stahler in Ferrari 512LM and the American Delaney in Gulf Team Porsche 917. Delaney is under extraordinarypressure| because the year before he caused a severe accident| in which his friend Lisa's husband was killed.
More at ibit.to
0 b/s/ ↗